1) When is MPS Track available for community use?
The track is open and available to all users 7 days a week. Hours change based on indoor or outdoor season. Please verify our website for Facility Hours. Please note, MPS does work very closely with Monarch Park Collegiate and therefore may be subject to closures during the school day (7:00am - 5:00pm). All closures and special circumstances are posted on the website and included in the newsletter each month. If there are last minute changes to the schedule, we will do our best to send an email and post everything on social media (Facebook & Twitter) as soon as we have been informed. We encourage users to check our website and social media frequently to stay informed.
2) Do I have to pay to use the track? What about when my son or daughter is playing soccer?
During the outdoor season, there is no cost to use the track. We encourage all community users to make use of the track during the day, afternoon and evenings as it is a community asset for the neighbourhood.
During the indoor season, the track operates very similarly to a gym and there are memberships and day passes for purchase. Please double check our website for more information and rates. All track users must pay to use the track in the indoor season including parents of children using the field.
3) What are Non-Peak and Peak periods for MPS Indoor Track?
Non-Peak Period: Monday – Friday > 6:30am and 4:00pm; Monday – Sunday > 9:00pm – Close
Peak Period: Monday – Thursday > 5:00pm – 9:00pm
4) What areas of access are granted to MPS Track users?
MPS Indoor Track memberships include access to the track, the change rooms, the washrooms, the showers (towels not provided), and the lockers.
Lockers are available for day use at no cost or long term over night rental for a small fee.
5) When can track users gain access to the field?
Field access is only permitted if there are no user groups on the field at the time.
6) How can I gain access to the Fitness Studio?
Monarch Park Stadium users interested in using the Fitness Studio can gain access in 3 ways:
1) With their own Personal Trainer
2) With an MPS recommended Personal Trainer
3 With an MPS Fitness Group (Resilience Fitness or Hourglass Workout)
Visit our Fitness Studio page for more information.
7) What kind of equipment can runners use on the track (stroller, walker, spikes, poles, etc.)?
Spikes are accepted on the track at any time. Strollers and any walking aids are accepted on the track during daytime non-peak hours. Please verify all walking aids with the Front Desk before starting your work out.
8) What is the length of the track and how do the lanes work for runners and walkers?
MPS track is 370m making it the longest indoor track in the City of Toronto. The track is run in counter-clockwise direction only for the safety of our users entering the stadium. Lane 3 is the fast lane (Exact 370.67 metres distance around track) while lane 4 is best for walking and slower jogging. Users must be single file around the track at all times. Please take precaution when passing around corners.
9) Can you explain your wristband policy? When do track users need to be wearing them?
All track users must wear a wristband while on the track. Day pass users must purchase their Member Wristband from the Front Desk, while 10-day, monthly and paid in full season members will receive a Member Wristband during their purchase. MPS staff will ask users not wearing a wrstband to step off the track to verify their membership status. If a member is caught on the track without a membership, they will be asked to leave the facility.
10) What is the refund or cancellation policy on Track Passes and Memberships?
There are no cancellations or refunds on MPS Track Passes. For any special circumstances, please contact our Track Supervisor for all requests.