- My child is interested in registering for multiple weeks. Can I do so online and do I need a Multiple Week Discount Code? What if I want to register after the first week of camp?
Yes. All registration is online including multiple weeks. Discounts only apply with REGULAR PRICING, therefore if pricing is in Early Bird or Family Day, there are no discounts. Registration stays open throughout the summer, however we cannot guarantee there will be space one week prior. We encourage early registration to ensure a spot in that week of camp.
- I would like to register multiple children. Is this also done online or do I need to contact someone to get a code?
Yes. All registration is online including multiple children. Discounts only apply with REGULAR PRICING, therefore if pricing is in Early Bird or Family Day, there are no discounts.
- I want to register for the short week and extended care. Where is this located? I didn't see it in the registration.
Please look through the Camp Description of the Registration page for a link to Short Week. All campers will receive an email one-week prior to camp with details on Extended Care payment
- My daughter is excited to go to camp, but can often be very nervous. She has a friend also registered for that week of camp and would like to be paired together. Is this possible?
Yes. Please include your daughter's friend's name on her registration form under Comments so we can be sure to include them in the same group prior to the week of camp. There will be no group requests on the week of camp.
- Who operates Monarch Park Stadium Camps?
MPS Camps are operated by a team of dedicated professionals who run camps for over 3000 children in the community. Monarch Park Stadium also runs a Little LEAGUERS program and an After School Club with another 500 children from the community. All staff is dedicated to providing physical activity in a safe and secure environment for all kids.
- Who are MPS Camp Counselors and what kind of certification do they have?
MPS Camp Counselors come with experience working in sport and working with youth. Our lead counselors have college and university experience in recreation and sport, child and youth and sports management. Our support counselors are high school students who have worked with us as volunteers in our After School Club or Sports Club programs. We always maintain a 1:8 (Half Day) or 1:12 (Full Day) ratio with one lead counselor and one support counselor per group. All staff have police checks and are CPR and First Aid certified
- What kind of games do the campers play and what is a typical day at MPS Camps?
MPS Camps engages in all sports including: soccer, track, gymnastics, hockey, basketball, volleyball, badminton, football and more. The camp also plays many different activity games such as: tag, octopus, capture the flag, cops and robbers, obstacle courses, treasure hunts and more. Each week of camp also features a theme which inspires new and unique games. The day starts with ice breakers and cooperation games, followed by a snack, activities and sports circuits or excursions, free play, lunch, sports games, snack break, final themed games and check-out.
- What kind of precautions do you take for hot days at camp?
If the temperature is too hot or unsafe for children we take the following precautions:
- All campers spend between 30-45 minutes at a time outdoors for hot days
- MPS has implemented water stations around the field to ensure kids can take water breaks more easily
- There are tents up for check-in-out and shade breaks throughout the day
- All groups are mandated to do a sunscreen re-application at 11AM, 1PM and 3PM if necessary. There is a sunscreen booth with sunscreen available for all campers
- Camp activities are planned around using the park, pool and indoor spaces more frequently on hot weeks especially during peak hot times from 11AM – 3PM during the day
- Can you tell me more about the excursions and swim days?
As Monarch Park Stadium Camps continues to grow each year, we have partnered with community group and organizations in and around the neighbourhood to provide more excursions for our older campers. This summer camp, ages 8+ will go on different excursions 2-3 times per week. Excursions include bowling, movies, Lazor Quest, Sky Zone, Woodbine Beach, ET Seton Park, Toronto Island and much more!
This year ages 4-5 will also experience reverse excursions where MPS will bring in a community group to do an activity at the stadium. We have found this method of doing excursions more valuable and safer for this age.
Swim excursions occur once a week for ages 6+. All 6 year olds are required to wear a life jacket due to City of Toronto ratios. We do not take 4-5 year olds to the pool due to 1:2 expected City of Toronto ratios. Due to the high number of 5 year olds in our camp and the extremely high ratio required, we do not have enough counsellors or volunteers to support this ratio. Ages 4-5 do enjoy water activities at the stadium rather than the splash pad because in our experience bringing 25+ campers ages 4-5 to the splash pad has not been a positive experience.
- What is your cancelation policy?
All campers must provide at least 2 weeks notice to receive full refund less $35 administration fee. Less than two weeks prior to camp, only a 50% refund will be provided. After the camp week starts, there are no refunds for missed or sick days. There is no fee to shift weeks of camp and in special circumstances, MPS will provide a credit for a missed week of camp.
Monarch Park Stadium Camp Handbook has everything you've ever wanted to know about camp including: Camp Highlights and Features, Additional Camp Information, Camp Program Description, Frequently Asked Questions, Testimonials and Contact Information.
Camp Director: Alicia Lashley